Monday, November 22, 2004

What ever happens, I realize how lucky I am.

There’s no arguing it; I am in a crappy situation in the sense that the two exams that I am shortly writing one day after the other will determine the course of my life for the next couple years. If I do not achieve the ridiculously high grades arbitrarily pulled from a hat by the department of Mechanical Engineering, they no longer wish for me to attend their school.

With that said, I realized tonight that I am very happy that I took the decision to give it a try. Over the past couple of months, not only have I buried myself in some books and learned a whole bunch about tensor calculus and other *exciting* things, I have had many positives come of it. Firstly, I have had the chance to live with some fantastic housemates that are not only a lot of fun, but have been extremely patient with my Ontarian French. They have gently corrected my faults such that I am far more proficient now than when I arrived in September. Secondly, I have also met some great people through the McGill Cycling team. We strange spandex clad creatures are hard to come by and I am really lucky to have been able to train with them over this fall. I have also met some really interesting people through my classes. Although it sucks struggling through a class where the average is 40%, the toil has made a group of us bond and I have come to know some very cool people from all parts of the globe.

No matter what the outcome of the next couple of weeks is, I am happy to have spent this time in Montreal.

With that said, I am still working my a** off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home