Monday, November 15, 2004

I guess my teamwork is coming along.

I was once an individual racer who had trouble adopting the team mentality necessary for Adventure Racing. I learned this weekend at the Queen’s Hammer Dash ‘n Burn off-road duathlon that I am on the road to the opposite.

On my final lap of the bike leg, I was just in front of a McGill teammate who I know is a stronger runner. I decided to ease up to get him in my draft and pull him into the transition so that on the final trail run he could reel in someone else in front of us from another team. Although the strategy ended up not working, it still felt kind of strange to reflect upon my new-found team-oriented instinct. This was certainly an idea that a pre-AR Andrew would have never conjured.

Overall, McGill did very well with a 3, 4, 5, 6th place in the Men’s Vet Long Course (I ended up 5th, yay for my first du!), 3rd in Women’s Vet Long Course and other great finishes.

Good work team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home