Sunday, November 21, 2004

There’s a problem I’ve never had before. There was a smokin’ party chez us last night where my housemates and I all invited our friends from school. Some friends of mine showed up, but only one of which had English as her first language. Her French is coming along and she can understand French, but understandibly the speaking and understanding really fast drunken French is a little tougher.

All conversations in the party were in French since I’d say the population was about 80% from France and 10% French areas of Canada. Whenever she joined a conversation (which happens often at a party), we all sort of stared at each other wondering which language to speak; effectively having to make a choice as to who we were going to exclude from the conversation.

I don't like discluding people like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home