Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ahhhh…my nourishing right shoulder!

When you’re thirsty for some water, when you’re feeling a little peckish and need some quick calories, where do you turn? I don’t know about you, but I have been a victim of classical conditioning and I turn to my right shoulder.

No, it has nothing to do with the way I was nurtured as an infant, it has a lot more to do with the amount of time spent wearing a pack with a hydration hose over my right shoulder and either a gel flask or a bar in the pocket of my pack there. I have noticed that I get quite disappointed when I am biking on my way home from work or even just walking around and find nothing but a shoulder strap with a gym lock, or even just part of my shirt. I have to get my body to understand that I need to fill a bladder before I can drink from one on my shoulder.

Either that or just wear a hydration pack all the time…hmmmm….

3 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 11:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you ever try licking that schveaty right shoulder? Or munching on that fibre-rich T-shirt? You are so not thinking outside the box. Heck, if you're shirtless, you can even just take a protein-full chomp.

 
At 10/06/2005 11:05 p.m., Blogger Andrew said...

No, but I do look awkward enough stroking my right shoulder from time to time. I bet I could start a rumour about myself!

 
At 10/07/2005 1:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want me to start one for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home